The following instructions are to be used for modifying standard alternators for use with Duvac Systems.
Leece-Neville had modified the Basic Alternators 2500 JB, 2600 JB, 2700 JB, 2800 JB, 2805 JB, For use with the Duvac. The modified alternator type numbers are 2524 JB, 2624 JB, 2724 JB, 2829 JB and 2824 JB. Respectively. The name plate of the modified units show the Basic Alternator type number for service parts.
The above alternators used in this system are also identified by a decal on the slip ring end housing next to the name plate "Modified for use with the Duvac System", Negative ground only. See Tech. Service Letter No. 45".
If it is necessary to modify a basic alternator to accommodate the Duvac System. Proceed as follows:
1. Remove Regulator.
2. Drill a 13/64" hole in the Brush Regulator housing in the following location.
3. A L-N number 79033 square Head 10-32 x 5/8" terminal screw & nut is to be installed in this hole with a new lead connecting to the regulator as shown on the sketch below.
4. Remove diode trio. It is not used with the Duvac System.
5. Connect lead from new terminal screw in brush housing terminal No. 1 of Duvac units.
6. Connect lead from other brush housing terminal screw to key switch.
1. Remove the regulator cover (observe the usual caution and procedures with respect to the brushes, etc.).
2. Carefully drill a 3/16" hole in the regulator housing and install a new post assembly to match the diode-trio input post. See reference A and B.
3. Remove the red lead from the positive regulator terminal and tape.
4. Connect a new lead from the new "B" post the positive regulator terminal.
5. Re-assemble the regulator and brush assembly.
6. Connect the B terminal to the #1 terminal of the Isolator.